Pharmaceutical Microbiology Course for Non-Microbiologists (Barnard Castle, UK)+ Book Online Now
Pharmaceutical Microbiology for Non-Microbiologists (Barnard Castle, UK)
Start Date - TBD
End Date - TBC
Location: Barnard Castle, UK
Course Price £1345.00Book Now
Microbiology for Non-Microbiologists
We have produced an overview of the course information available online, available here in a handy PDF Prospectus.Download Course PDF
Pharmaceutical Microbiology Course for Non-Microbiologists
Pharmaceutical microbiology course training covers the control of microbiology throughout the manufacturing process is a key success factor for production. Microbiology is unseen and data is history, effective control requires all disciplines to be involved in the control measures and any out of specification investigations. Therefore, all key personnel should have a thorough understanding of microbiology.
This course is designed to give non-microbiologists a comprehensive introduction to microbiology so that they can engage in the required control measures, investigations and corrective actions.
Honeyman Training is renowned for industry leading GMP knowledge-transfer, lectures, consultancy and courses delivered face-to-face and virtually.
Who should attend?
The course provides an introduction to pharmaceutical microbiology and is applicable to anyone who works in a sterile product manufacturing operation or non-sterile operation where microbiology is controlled but who is not directly involved in microbiology or is new to this area.
This two-day course aims to give delegates a solid introduction to microbiology in the context of pharmaceutical and medical device manufacture. Throughout the course, data interpretation will be practiced, and the consequences of misinterpretation discussed.
Course content includes:
- The importance of microbiological data and control in pharmaceutical and medical device manufacture
- Understand how microbiology is of concern to your manufacturing processes
- The basic principles of pharmaceutical microbiology
- Understand the main sources of microbiological contamination
- Be able to constructively participate in microbiological risk assessments
- Understand how to effectively reduce microbiological hazards and contamination within your facility
- Review microbiological data and understand the methods of analysis control within the cleanroom
- The microbiological spectrum
- Sources of microbiological contamination
- Micro requirements for sterile and non-sterile product manufacture
- Micro limit testing
- Monitoring methods: sampling methods, isolation and counting
- Interpretation of microbiological data
- Gram positive and gram-negative bacteria, and gram staining
- Bacterial identification (bacteriology and mycology)
- Spores and spore forming microorganisms
- Reading micro-organisms on Agar plates
- Be able to participate in out-of-specification investigations
- Implement control measures
- Regulatory expectations
At the end of this training, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of pharmaceutical microbiology
- Participate in microbiological risk assessments
- Reduce microbiological hazards and contamination within your facility
- Review microbiological data and understand the methods of analysis
For practical assistance with outsourced monitoring for contamination control in pharmaceutical manufacturing visit www.honeymanlaboratories.com
To view our full range of training courses please download the Honeyman Training Prospectus. Book your place now or enquire about our Pharmaceutical Microbiology Course for Non-Microbiologists.
Course Dates / Costs Description
Please note: Our online booking system works in £GBP. Honeyman Training & Consultancy Limited reserves the right to amend any prices at any time.
All advertised prices are exclusive of any applicable VAT or local taxes.
Course Terms & Conditions
Training prospectus 2023
We have produced an overview of the course information available online, available here in a handy PDF Prospectus.